Lesson 8 - QuickBooks Desktop Integration: Using the SDKTestPlus3 Tool
- Here is the link for the SDKTestPlus3 Tool.
- It is great tool for quickly troubleshooting QBXML requests and responses as it gives a "close to metal" experience.
- I also use the tool from time to time for creating test fixtures.
- The tool is automatically installed during QBSDK installation.
- To find it easily type "sdk" in the Window search bar. The name of the SDK tool is "qbXML Test+".
- To get started, load in a sample QBXML query that was provided when the QBSDK was installed.
- I'm going to use QBXML that adds an Invoice to QBD.
- Here is what QBXML Response looks like:
- Make sure that when submitting transaction requests, like an add invoice request that you have "real" required references, like the CustomerRef in the request below (meaning the the customer being referenced is a real QBD customer).
- Using the SDKTestPlus3 Tool I made a real QBD invoice.